What does it take for mankind to start caring for animal species on the verge of extinction? Actual extinction? Or… a virtual wake-up call?
Hoping for the latter and assigned by the European Commission’s DG Environment, we conceived and constructed Pollinator Park, a deceitfully beautiful digital universe, confronting visitors with a highly unsettling reality.
The year is 2050, and following a cascade of ecological crises, our world has been deprived of pollinating insects, healthy ecosystems and wealthy flora. Amidst this dystopian landscape lies a lavish green utopian beacon of hope: Dr. Beatrice Kukac’s Pollinator (P)ark, a safe haven for pollinators and an eye-opener for mankind.
Pollinator Park was designed in collaboration with world renowned ‘archiobiotect’ Vincent Callebaut. It’s a 30-minute interactive and emotionally engaging virtual reality experience that immerses you in a futuristic world where man and nature co-exist in harmony, hoping to change your perspective and help write a better scenario for the future..
To find out more about the problems we face following the alarming decline of wild pollinators, how we can turn the tide and how Poppins & Wayne hopes to make a contribution to a better world with Pollinator Park, visit Pollinator Park:
A hybrid interactive experience, you can visit Pollinator Park on your computer (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) or in Virtual reality (Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift).
Awards & Nominations
In the press
De Morgen (Dutch)
Antwerp Powered by Creatives (Dutch)
More about Pollinator Park
- Pollinator ParkWhat does it take for mankind to start caring for animal species on the verge of extinction? Actual extinction? Or… a virtual wake-up call? Hoping for the latter … Read more
- Pollinator Park – Virtual Launch ShowMarch 23rd 2021 – Today is the official launch of Pollinator Park. We’ve been working on this beautiful project for the past 18 months. Our journey started pre-covid … Read more
- The Story of Beatrice KukacHow one woman’s passion project became a beacon of hope in a pollinator-deprived world.
- The Concept Art of Pollinator ParkWith a few diagrams and sketches, and a bunch of mood board images we reached out to Bart Lommelen (Fixion) to start shaping the visual atmosphere of Pollinator … Read more
- The Architecture of Pollinator ParkDuring our concept phase we had created various mood boards to define a look and feel for Pollinator Park. In several of them the work of Vincent Callebaut … Read more
- Press Release – World Bee DayPollinator Park Step into a beautiful virtual reality about the ugly future we face without pollinating insects
- Belgian Game Awards 2021Proud to announce that Pollinator Park is Winner in the category Best non-entertainment title of the year.
- Een wereld van verschil…Hoe zal de aarde eruitzien zonder wilde bijen en andere bestuivers? In de achtdelige online videoreeks ‘Een wereld van verschil’ stellen maatschappelijk geëngageerde kunstenaars en creatievelingen hun inspirerende … Read more
- Host Pollinator Park at your eventYou would like to feature Pollinator Park at your event, but don’t know where to start? Most users don’t know this, but there is a special event version … Read more
- Belgian games giving players a conscienceFeatured in Trends magazine…(Dutch) “Wij maken er een erezaak van om games te ontwikkelen die een statement maken en meer zijn dan enkel entertainment. Dat deden we al … Read more